This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- From: Vinod Gupta <vinod at Princeton dot EDU>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:44:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- References: <41CA5255.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
>> Thanks Igor and Alexander. "run XWin -nodecoration" works fine
>> for me. I think this should be the default in the startxwin
>> script included in the Cygwin/Xfree86 distro.
> No. The default is aimed at users who want to use Cygwin/X as xserver
> for running local applications (like gv, xemacs) only and provides
> very close integration into the windows desktop. Using a remote desktop
You are right. May be it should be available as an easy option for those
who would like to have both local and remote desktops. Our users have
overwhelmingly embraced the idea of both desktops that I have included
it in the startup of all users. A small fraction of grandma-type of
users are taken aback when the blank xrootwindow completely obscures XP.
One easy solution would be to startup xwin with slightly reduced sized
root window. Is there any way to set screen size, say 90% of the