This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- From: Chris Green <chris at areti dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:07:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- References: <41C8F9E3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: chris dot green at isbd dot co dot uk
On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 04:46:15AM -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > The KDE Desktop occupies whole of XP screen and remains in foreground,
> > can not be moved and can not be iconized. So Windows becomes practically
> > inaccessible until I kill KDE Desktop.
> > Any suggestions to make both desktops co-exist?
> I use bosskey (http://keir.net/booskey.html) to set up multiple virtual
> desktops in Windows.
Exactly what I do, except that I use Ontrack's (now V-Com) toolbar
from their Powerdesk utility. The 'picture' of the virtual desktops
lives in the Windows taskbar and applications can be dragged around in
that 'picture' from one desktop to another if necessary.
Chris Green (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."