Re: I've lost cut and paste - any ideas why?

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Chris Green wrote:

> I have lost the ability to cut and paste between my slackware Linux
> desktop and the Windows 2000 system on which I'm running Cygwin/X.
>
> It used to work until recently and the only thing I can think of that
> has changed is that I have upgraded the Slackware from version 9.1 to
> version 10 and I'm using gdm rather than xdm on that system.
>
> Is there any configuration in the gdm/xdm area that would affect my
> ability to cut and paste?

There was a similar report some days ago. It seems the gdm startup had
changed and the clipboard client is killed by gdm again. Normally the
clipboard client is started after gdm finished but it seems it is
started to early.

/tmp/XWin.log may shed some light on this

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de