This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Not able to Get a Remote Machine after export of display
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:09:06 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Not able to Get a Remote Machine after export of display
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Krishna Bhushan K wrote:
> Hi All,
> This is regarding a problem faced while using Cygwin.
> I am not able to open Xterm from a remote machine
> after setting the remote
> DISPLAY variable to the local one.
> Following are the entries in my startxdmcp.bat:
> SET DISPLAY=184.108.40.206:0.0 (Local display)
> SET REMOTE_HOST=ipshp071
> start XWin -kb -query %REMOTE_HOST% -notrayicon
> -emulate3buttons -clipboard -unixkill -lesspointer
> After i logon to this machine, I telnet to a remote
> machine. set the DISPLAY variable there to
> 220.127.116.11:0.0. open a xterm using Xterm&. It
> says "Per display information not found".
> Is there any problem with the above entries?
> Could anyone please suggest a solution to this
The xserver has an authorization system (man Xsecurity) which
prevents connections from any other host. To allow this
use xhost <hostname> to allow hostname access or the better
and much sure variant: use ssh with X11Forwarding. This tunnels
all X11 traffic through the encrypted ssh channel and takes care
of access restrictions.
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723