This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
How to launch kde from ssh correctly?
- From: "Mike Kenny - BCX - Professional Services JHB" <Mike dot Kenny at bcx dot co dot za>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:12:39 +0200
- Subject: How to launch kde from ssh correctly?
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Sorry if this is a dumb question, please don't reply with a dumb answer
I want to use ssh to connect to a linux system and then be able to use
KDE to access my applications. So far using ssh -X 192.168.1.13
and executing startkde after I login works, to an extent.
Both the dektop and the kicker are launched, but they are launched
independantly. I can move the kicker around to make it visible and
accessible and then use the menus to get into openoffice, but my real
aim is to wean my wife away from M$ toys and get her using ooo, there
is no way that she will be happy with having to search for the kicker.
Is there some option to ssh that will recifty this situation?