This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Problems with ssh and X
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:18:13 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Problems with ssh and X
- References: <41C01567@webmail.ncl.ac.uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Dr Christian Hicks wrote:
> First, please accept my apologies for send my message
> to the wrong list. Thanks to Igor for suggesting the
> FAQ list. I have now tried:
> ssh -Y -l username remotemachine
> I now get the error message:
> connect 220.127.116.11 port 6000 Connection refused.
> (the IP address is the static IP address provided by my ISP)
> There is still nothing in the log of my Netgear NG834G firewall
> or the ZoneAlarm log. I shutdown Zone alarm and the same thing
Which unix you're connecting too? Gentoo does set the DISPLAY
variable to the remote ip and breaks X11 Forwarding.
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723