Problems with ssh and X

First, please accept my apologies for send my message
to the wrong list. Thanks to Igor for suggesting the
FAQ list. I have now tried:

ssh -Y -l username remotemachine

I now get the error message:

connect 212.159.18.214 port 6000 Connection refused.

(the IP address is the static IP address provided by my ISP)
There is still nothing in the log of my Netgear NG834G firewall
or the ZoneAlarm log. I shutdown Zone alarm and the same thing
happened.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Chris.

Dr Christian Hicks
Senior Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Training,
School of Mechanical & Systems Engineering,
Stephenson Building,
University of Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE1 7RU.
Phone: +44 191 222 6238