This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Problem with Run.exe to start xwin.exe
- From: Martin Gill <martin at martinsgill dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:02:45 +0000
- Subject: Problem with Run.exe to start xwin.exe
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I'm having problem starting xwin using the startxwin batch file.
When I run xwin from the file with
the systray icon appears, and everything seems to work, but I don't see
my x desktop.
If i run xwin from a command prompt using run, i get the same behaviour,
but if I run win without the run command the window appears correctly.
The only time i've managed to get xwin to start showing me an x desktop
is to run it with the -fullscreen switch, but that;s not how i want it.
I had assumed the window as just off the screen to start with, but I
could not find it all using any means. I also checked the registry
incase it had entries for initial window placement, but i couldn't find any.
I'm stumped. Anyone seen this before and have any ideas?