This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: XDMCP Woes + Solaris
- From: Mark Reis <mcr2z at cs dot virginia dot edu>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:33:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: XDMCP Woes + Solaris
- References: <200412101032.iBAAWh7b010247@ares.cs.Virginia.EDU>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
First I'd like to thank everyone who replied and I tried their various
suggestions with no success.
The suggestions were:
1) Try adding the -from switch to the run command
2) Check the FAQ for Solaris + XDMCP suggestions
3) Try using a different run utility, such as runhide.
I've attempted to follow these three suggestions with no luck.
If I snoop the traffic on the host machine, the last round of traffic I
see is this:
remotehost.cs.Virginia.EDU -> desktop.cs.Virginia.EDU ETHER Type=0800
(IP), size = 54 bytes
remotehost.cs.Virginia.EDU -> desktop.cs.Virginia.EDU IP D=desktopip
S=remoteip LEN=40, ID=49632, TOS=0x0, TTL=64
remotehost.cs.Virginia.EDU -> desktop.cs.Virginia.EDU TCP D=1402 S=7100
Rst Ack=759947429 Win=0
After which I must end task on XWin to get it to go away.