This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: XDMCP Woes + Solaris
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:24:25 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: XDMCP Woes + Solaris
- References: <email@example.com> <41B8ABF2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Mark Reis wrote:
> I've been banging my head up against a wall trying to get XDMCP working
> with two solaris machines.
> Machine 1: Solaris 9 - The 9/02 build - not a lot of patches have been
> applied to bring it to the current level.
> Machine 2: Solaris 9 - The 9/04 build -
> I attempt to connect to both hosts with the startxdmcp batch file with
> the run line:
> run XWin -logverbose 3 -query hostname -nodecoration -lesspointer
> Now here is the part that is baffling.
> Connecting to machine 1 works fine - Connecting to machine 2 fails.
> However, Exceed 6.2 is able to connect to both machines just fine.
Have you checked the FAQ. There are some scenarios with XDMCP and Solaris
> Additionally - If I remove -nodecoration, Xorg will start, but there is
> no display shown.
This is a know problem with the run utility. It will hide console window
but unfortunatly the main window too.
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723