This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
XDMCP Woes + Solaris
- From: Mark Reis <mcr2z at cs dot virginia dot edu>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:48:02 -0500
- Subject: XDMCP Woes + Solaris
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I've been banging my head up against a wall trying to get XDMCP working
with two solaris machines.
Machine 1: Solaris 9 - The 9/02 build - not a lot of patches have been
applied to bring it to the current level.
Machine 2: Solaris 9 - The 9/04 build -
I attempt to connect to both hosts with the startxdmcp batch file with
the run line:
run XWin -logverbose 3 -query hostname -nodecoration -lesspointer
Now here is the part that is baffling.
Connecting to machine 1 works fine - Connecting to machine 2 fails.
However, Exceed 6.2 is able to connect to both machines just fine.
Additionally - If I remove -nodecoration, Xorg will start, but there is
no display shown.