Re: XWin -multiwindow and XEmacs/gnuclient -- cannot get autoraise

Alexander Gottwald <Alexander.Gottwald <at> s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> writes:

> Harold Bamford wrote:
>
> > I tried this using XWin without the builtin window manager (using twm or
mwm
> > as the window manager) and then autoraise seems to work. But this is not a
> > good environment for me as I need constant access to both the X windows and
> > the PC.
> >
> > I have done quite a bit of searching of the web and FAQs and manual pages
and
> > cannot find this even mentioned. So either it is so obvious that no-one
could
> > possibly need it explained, or it has just never come up. Or I used the
wrong
> > keywords in the searches.
>
> It seems this feature has not been implemented in the internal window
manager.

> > So, what's the secret to getting this to work?
>
> There are basicly 3 possible ways
>
> - wait until someone has the time to dig up documentation how the autoraise
>   should work and fixes that bug
>
> - dig up the documentation yourself and report which window manager message
>   should be handled
>
> - fix it yourself
>
> The fastest is most likely number two.
>
> bye
>         ago

Thanks. Unfortunately, it would take me a great deal of time to learn enough
about the internals of window managers that I could make a coherent report. I
guess I'll just live with the problem for now.

I was hoping that this was a known problem with a known solution.

Thanks anyway!

-- Harold