This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: [Patch] Starting X on different monitors
- From: "Mark Fisher" <mark dot fisher at practiv dot com>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:04:36 -0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch] Starting X on different monitors
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Glad I could help. Thanks for putting me right on the style
and fixing the bugs.
Anything else need doing?
Is there a bug list / wish list I could see if I could
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
On Behalf Of Alexander Gottwald
Sent: 08 December 2004 15:19
To: Mark Fisher
Subject: Re: [Patch] Starting X on different monitors
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Mark Fisher wrote:
> This is my first patch, so I've created it for the two files updated
> (winprocarg.c and InitOutput.c).
> I've tried to keep the format the same as already there, I'm using
> emacs in C mode, so if the spacing is weird, blame that :)
> It works fine here on the dual monitor setup I have. I don't have
> a gfx card with 3 heads, but in theory, as long as EnumDisplayMonitors
> honours the same numbering as Windows shows them in Display Properties
> then it should work fine.
There may be problems with mirroring display drivers but as long as nobody
complains I'll stick with it.
> Can someone please try this out?
Works great. I've done some small changes
- store global variables in a struct which is allocated locally and pass
the pointer to it through dwparam
- moved the monitorNum counter to the struct too. If getMonitorInfo gets
called twice (like with two -screen arguments) the count did not start
at 1 again
- fixed a problem with @m argument and following arguments (@m was expected
to be the last argument on the commandline)
- @m format should not set userGaveWidthAndHeight to allow adjusting the
area with border sizes.
But great work anyway.
> What's the procedure for getting this into CVS after it's been testing?
I've commited it. If you have bigger patches or want to work on larger
changes I can try to get you cvs write access to freedesktop.org.
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723