Re: Packaged X Server for easy use

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 02:53:19PM -0500, Joseph Miller wrote:
>I do realize that you do not have to install the entire cygwin
>installation but can use setup.exe and customize it, but I just don't
>think that even that would suffice for what I was looking for.  What
>many users who were only looking for an X Server would not like about
>that is the whole situation with launching a bash session from batch
>file and having to work with mounts, etc.  That was really what I meant
>by the Cygwin environment.  With my project, those things still exist
>but are never seen by the user.

You don't have to launch a bash session from a batch file.  You don't
have to work with mounts.

If you were so inclined, you could work within the cygwin release to try
to accommodate the needs of the "many users".  But, I understand the
allure of just doing things your own way rather than trying to gather
consensus and working with others.

All the more reason for a completely different mailing list...

cgf