This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: Starting X on a second monitor - kludge that works
- From: "Earle F. Philhower, III" <earle at ziplabel dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:01:32 -0000
- Subject: RE: Starting X on a second monitor - kludge that works
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: RE: Starting X on a second monitor - kludge that works
From: "Mark Fisher" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
my only query now is how do I programaticaly find out
the offset of my second monitor, as I have it slightly
raised from the primary, as opposed to simply placed side
If you're asking just to set up your machine once, the simplest
thing to do is open up the Display properties, and click-hold on
the 2nd monitor, it should then display the (X,Y) position in it.
Since it's raised you should have a negative Y position, which does
work OK with the checked-in patch.
Programmatically, I like AGO's @<monitor> idea...
-Earle F. Philhower, III