From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]
On Behalf Of Earle F. Philhower III
Sent: 05 December 2004 05:11
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Starting X on a second monitor - kludge that works

Done as an extension to the -screen option.  Just tack on an X
and Y position after width and height (witn -geometry format or
just space-delimited) and you're set.

ex: make an 800x600 window and move it to the 2nd monitor
   XWin.exe -screen 0 800 600 1024 0
   XWin.exe -screen 0 800x600+1024+0

You can still specify just a width and height, so no changes to
current scripts needed:
   XWin.exe -screen 0 800 600
   XWin.exe -screen 0 800x600

At 04:52 PM 12/4/2004 +0100, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
>We'll have to see how this fits with the old -screen n WxH option.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com