This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: _impure_ptr warning in install
- From: Alexander Gottwald <Alexander dot Gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, gry at ll dot mit dot edu
- Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:54:48 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: _impure_ptr warning in install
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
george young wrote:
> [Xwin 188.8.131.52-1, Windows XP pro 5.1, experienced with linux X, not a windows or cygwin hacker]
> I just did a full uninstall of cygwin everything, using the setup program.
> Then I installed:
> [setup version 2.427, from mirror.mcs.anl.gov]
> base/ cygwin emu engine 1.5.12-1
> X11/ X-start-menu-icons 1.0.3-2
> X-startup-scripts 1.0.10-2
> xorg-x11-base 184.108.40.206-1
> net/ inetutils 1.3.2-28
> interpreters/ python
> During the install I several times got the message:
> "The procedure entry point _impure_ptr could not be located in cygwin1.dll"
something requires the new cygwin-1.5.12 which was apparently not updated at the
point where to postinstall scripts are running.
redoing the update should solve it.
NP: Joint Venture - Hank und die Ueberdosis
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723