This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
_impure_ptr warning in install
- From: george young <gry at ll dot mit dot edu>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:55:59 -0500
- Subject: _impure_ptr warning in install
- Organization: MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: gry at ll dot mit dot edu
[Xwin 22.214.171.124-1, Windows XP pro 5.1, experienced with linux X, not a windows or cygwin hacker]
I just did a full uninstall of cygwin everything, using the setup program.
Then I installed:
[setup version 2.427, from mirror.mcs.anl.gov]
base/ cygwin emu engine 1.5.12-1
X11/ X-start-menu-icons 1.0.3-2
net/ inetutils 1.3.2-28
During the install I several times got the message:
"The procedure entry point _impure_ptr could not be located in cygwin1.dll"
Is something broken in the current release?
-- George Young
"Are the gods not just?" "Oh no, child.
What would become of us if they were?" (CSL)