This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Internal-wm/rootless observations
- From: Kensuke Matsuzaki <zakki at peppermint dot jp>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:00:19 +0900
- Subject: Re: Internal-wm/rootless observations
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
> After many days of debugging the internalwm code i finally found
> the actual problem.
> The rootless code wants the pixmap buffer aligned to 32bit boundaries.
> If the window width is odd and the xserver is run in 16bpp mode then
> this is no guaranteed and this leads the strange errors.
> Internalwm is only usable in 32bit mode.
I can reproduce the problem when I change 16bit mode. Usually I use
32bit mode, so I couldn't.
> This is not an actual problem. The goal should be anyway to work
> with 32 bit visuals only and have real transparancy. I'm still
> searching for a clean method to blit 32 bit bitmaps to 16 bit ones.
> The simple aproach of allocating the bitmap with
Could you give me diff? I want to try that.
I think we have no reason to use winshadgdi.c in mwextwm mode and some
code in winshadgdi.c don't match mwextwm. I have to write winshadrootless?
Thanks in advance.