Re: test case for clipboard hang?

Lev,

Lev Bishop wrote:
Well, I've kicked the -63 server around a fair bit this weekend and it
seems to be holding up very well.

That is good.

No crashes, and generally no unpleasant
surprises. I have still managed to activate the "2 second timeout" code, though, by doing some pathological things, that are probably impossible to work around due to the incompatibilities between the X and Windows conceptions of the clipboard.

No, this is because I didn't really fix the problem, as I mentioned in my release notes. The way I fixed it only happens if the X app you were using just happens to set only the PRIMARY selection; a slightly different form of the problem probably still exists if an X app sets only the CLIPBOARD selection. I know xterm sets only the PRIMARY seleciton, perhaps the app you were using sets only the CLIPBOARD selection.

Also, there is no fundamental incompatibility here, only an imperfect handling of all of the cases that we need to handle. We can do this perfectly, it is just confusing and takes time to get it correct. So I am going to release 4.3.0-66 and you're going to test it. :)

Harold: In winClipboardFlushXEvents, I think the line:
iReturn = XChangeProperty (pDisplay,
event.xselectionrequest.requestor,
event.xselectionrequest.property,
event.xselectionrequest.target,
8,
PropModeReplace,
(char *) atomTargetArr,
sizeof (atomTargetArr));
should have 32 instead of 8.

Seems logical to me. I changed it. I also changed the cast from (char *) to (unsigned char*) since that is what XChangeProperty is expecting.

Also, re the following, changelog, can you tell me where to find the changes. I see no calls to XSync or select at http://pdx.freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/winclipboardxevents.c?rev=1.1.4.1.2.15&root=xorg&only_with_tag=CYGWIN&view=auto
and I'd like to see the code that does this.

Simple: I dropped that patch on the floor somewhere so it never got into CVS. I fixed it now. Thanks for the heads up. Its amazing that everything compiled and future patches kept applying even without those changes in there.