Re: A suggestion (XWin.n) and a question (run.exe).

Rodrigo,

Rodrigo Medina wrote:
I can do the patch, but I need to know from where to
obtain the exact information.

The file to patch is here:

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/XWin.man?root=xorg&only_with_tag=CYGWIN

There are instructions for pulling down our CVS tree here:

http://x.cygwin.com/devel/server/

The User's Guide documentation will be helpful (the man page should contain at least the information in the User's Guide section on command-line parameters):

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/configure-cygwin-x-options.html

The definitive resource for command-line parameters specific to XWin.exe is in winprocarg.c:

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/Attic/winprocarg.c?root=xorg&only_with_tag=CYGWIN

A helpful guide for which parameters cannot be used together is in winvalargs.c:

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/Attic/winvalargs.c?root=xorg&only_with_tag=CYGWIN

Finally, I usually describe how to use a new command-line parameter in the Change Log when the new parameter was introduced. So, go to the change log and do a quick search for a particular parameter that you see in winprocarg.c to get some information about what it does. Here is the full change log:

http://x.cygwin.com/devel/server/changelog-full.html

I hope that helps. I will really appreciate an updated man page.