Re: uxterm from xterm-185-3 and xfontsel crashing when running under cygserver support

On Mar 25 13:38, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> Volker,
>
> Using the Cygwin Way-Back Machine
> (http://cygwin.get-software.com/release/XFree86/XFree86-xserv/)
> I have retrieved a copy of XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-55 which is immediately
> prior to the change from cygserver to cygipc.  I would like you to test
> this version and verify whether you can or cannot reproduce the problem
> with cygipc.  It is always possible that this is just a bug in the big
> font extension that we have not noticed before.
>
> To retrieve the -55 version, point setup.exe to:
>
> http://www.egr.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin_old/

That's a good idea, thank you.

Other than that, I'm not at all familar with that stuff.  How can I
set up a minimal test system, so that it uses the bigfont extension
and, especially, IPC?  Yesterday I just started cygserver, XWin and
uxterm, and it doesn't use IPC by default, apparently.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.