Re: X/Cygwin icon proposal

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
It looks good in the tray and taskbar, but not in the titlebar. (see attached images)

You forgot to attach it... ok, got the other mail.

If you can build ico files with both alpha and non-alpha icons why not include
your version with alpha channel and for non-alpha either the boxed (which I liked)
or a plain two-color variant.

The issue is not (or not yet at least) about the non-alpha part being ugly, they are about the same than the old xwin icon. The problem is when a non-alpha system try to use the alpha-icon. Then you get that fat white line around the X or the garbled icon on NT (I assume).
So putting the white square for the non-alpha would not fix anything if the system doesn't select it over the 32b icon.

ok, from your images, your system at least uses the non-alpha icons. What color resolution is your monitor at?

cygwin is unix. unix is simple (shell and stuff) and this is the opposite of the bubble-gum os WinXP with alpha channel.

Uh? I don't get your point. I personally don't buy a machine just to run unix. I use it to do other stuff (mostly compilation) that do make use of CPU power. So I have a recent machine, so I have XP. I assume that quit a dew (most?) geeks using Cygwin/XFree would be in the same case. But it's just a guess.

Nahor