No menu to resize an xterm window

Dear cygwin staff or anyone who can help,

I'm new to cygwin.
I've installed cygwin 1.5.8-1 and after I launched the
Xdisplay with startx, there is only 1 small black
window with yellow fonts. I tried to do right-click on
the mouse to invoke the menu for me to select the
"resize" option when the mouse cursor turns into a
cross, but there is no menu appearing. How can I
invoke the menu?
Thank you everyone.

Rgds
Choy