Cygwin/Xfree on second (low res) monitor

Hi,

I've been playing with Cygwin/XFree86 for a few day now - and frankly I'm astounded - it's great! However, I have one little query that I hope someone can help me with!

I have a dualhead video card in my Win2K box with monitor-1 set to 1280x1024 and monitor-2 (an LCD screen) set to 1024x768. I wish to have my Win2K desktop on monitor-1 and the KDE desktop (started via XDMCP) of my Debian/Linux box on monitor-2. With CygwinXfree86 I could then move between the environments so quickly and easily that my head would spin!

Now I thought that I would be able to achieve this by doing
xwin -screen 0 1024 768 -query linuxhost -nodecoration -clipboard
and moving the resultant window to monitor-2, but xwin seems to ignore the screen resolution when '-nodecoration' is set. This was confirmed when I looked at the source code
wincreatewnd.c 229-233
/*
* User gave a width and height but also said no decoration.
* In this case we have to ignore the requested width and height
* and instead use the largest possible window that we can.
*/
The same seems to be true for -rootless and (obviously) -fullscreen, And as -multiplemonitors is intended to allow the Xwindow to occupy BOTH monitors I'm stuck!

So can anyone tell me why (before I try osmething stupid like simply removing this override and recompiling) or simply tell me another way to achieve my dual desktop dreams!

many thanks

Saul Cozens