Re: Convenient script for starting an XFree86 xterm

I try a previously proposed set of scripts
to launch xterm from an icon and I found some
difficulties (mainly PATH set).
I keep the same approach, just correct some problem
I found (PATH related), in case any needs them.
So here is my proposition to correct this :

1) Create a shorcut as said before to

C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\run.exe /XFree86xterm.bat

and set PATH for execution to

C:\cygwin\bin

and not to the default C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
(not found cygwin1.dll except of course if your
global PATH include this but not mandatory for Cygwin
to run).

2) Create the bat shell XFree86xterm.bat in C:\cygwin\
--------

@echo off
SET CYGWIN_ROOT=\cygwin
SET PATH=.;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\bin;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\usr\X11R6\bin;%PATH%
set DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

ps -ef | grep /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin > nul

if ERRORLEVEL 1 (
  start XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -xkblayout fr -xkbmodel pc105
-unixkill -winkill
)

xterm -fn 10x20 -sl 1000 -sb -leftbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e
/usr/bin/bash --login -i

--------
I change here to set Cygwin_root and PATH since again this is not
mandatory in Cygwin to set them globally, remove some options
to start command (/B and /D) and replace full path by simply calling
'xterm'.
Of course change '-xkblayout fr' options in XWin to your need, even
remove it.
The same for all options of XWin.

Well, now, for me, without setting anything in global configuration
(PATH in windows env), it works just fine.

Frederic