Re: XWin -clipboard and xterm focus

Peter,

Peter Wisnovsky wrote:
I updated, and it seems to have removed all the files associated with
xwinclip, but not replaced them with any working functionality in XWin. So
now I have NO working clipboard support after this update. The focus problem
still exists as well. Sigh.

That is precisely what was supposed to happen. Let me remind you of something you wrote:

xinit -- Xwin -clipboard -multiwindow &

You are using the integrated clipboard support, or at least claiming to. The integrated clipboard support is a replacement for xwinclip and you *cannot* use both -clipboard and xwinclip at the same time. So, you must have something wrong with your command line. Check /tmp/XWin.log to see what command line was used to start XWin.

FYI, the XFree86-xwinclip package was renamed to xwinclip. You'll notice that the description of the XFree86-xwinclip package says "removed package".