xemacs over ssh tunneling

Thanks so much for .50.

I now have this problem when I run xemacs over ssh tunneling from another
computer.  It didn't used to happen, and it doesn't if I use, e.g., MI-X.
When I try to cut anything in xemacs, I get the error message contained in
xerror (attached) and xemacs freezes.

Also, any easy things I can do to help the codebase?  I have some amount of
experience in cs type stuff...

-Dan