Re: website & identifiers

Thomas Dickey wrote:
When perusing the website for news, it would be useful if the pages were
marked (in their source) as generated or manually updated.  For the former
(unless they're generated on demand), a modification date would also be
useful.  For the latter, an RCS/CVS/etc identifier to distinguish
successive versions is normally expected.

Are the pages all generated from another format, or are some in CVS
(somewhere)?

The Documentation (User's Guide, Contributor's Guide, and FAQ) are generated from DocBook source; see the following page for information on where to get the source in CVS:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/documentation/

I believe that all other pages on the site are manually generated, and they are stored in CVS. My various attempts to find a public CVS interface to the tree and to find a CVSWeb interface to the tree have not been successful; I have not checked with Chris whether this is intentional or not, in either case, it is beyond my control.

We could add an identifier to each file. I have to look into some options for doing so.

In the meantime, enjoy the following hack:

http://cygwin.com/xfree/CVS/Entries