Repaint bug for maximized windows

Hi,

I'm being effected by what appears to be the same bug reported here:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-09/msg00071.html

If I have emacs maximized, then maximize another window over it, then wait a couple of minutes, then bring emacs back to the front (via taskbar or Alt-Tab), the entire client area of the window remains totally white (also of note the mouse disappears when moved over the client area)...

http://ianbrandt.com/images/cygwin-xfree-1.gif

If I restore the window, and then maximize it again, part of the client area repaints, but not all of it. Notice on the right and bottom edges the small remaining white area (when I restore the window it only reduces slightly in size, and it never remembers the restored size if I change it, but that's a another story)...

http://ianbrandt.com/images/cygwin-xfree-2.gif

If I restore the window again, but resize it to a smaller size, it renders properly...

http://ianbrandt.com/images/cygwin-xfree-3.gif

And then when I maximize it from there it also renders properly...

http://ianbrandt.com/images/cygwin-xfree-4.gif

For me the problem only seems to occur when the window is maximized and left behind another maximized window for a few minutes.

Regards,

Ian