Re: freedesktop.org - Hosting for future Cygwin/X development

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

I am interested in the work going on in the xlibs and xserver repositories, which are an autotooled build of most X libs and the X Server. I was able to build all but Xft from CVS (need a newer version of FontConfig to build the latest Xft) using static libs, but it should be easy to get shared libs built again by adding -no-undefined flags. I am very interested in pursuing this modern build system. We won't use it immediately, but we could probably do a distribution from it in three to six months.

I reckon this alone would be worth the move...

Good decision
David