Re: Cygwin/XFree86 Bugs?

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 19:53, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> Michel DÃnzer wrote:

> >>No, not currently. I usually go to the web interface and
> >>look at the open bugs, process new ones that can be handled
> >>quickly, or try to assign them to an expert on the specific
> >>area.
> >>
> >>There are a lot more areas than we have experts - in these
> >>cases I try to work on the ticket myself. This, and the
> >>low quality of some of the submissions, consumes a
> >>considerable amount of time.
> >

> > Indeed, you're doing most of the bugzilla work alone; it's a pity there
> > aren't more people helping with that.
>
> Well, you know, XFree86's disregard for offers to help made by
> developers that have been with the project for over two years are
> certainly part of the problem.

Err, this is about bug triage, which you can do just as well as
everybody else.

I agree that you should be able to commit Cygwin stuff yourself (but I
can't do anything about it), I'm afraid your rants and threats won't do
much good there though.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer   \  Debian (powerpc), XFree86 and DRI developer