Re: http://lesstif.sourceforge.net/INSTALL.html#compile_Windows

Brian Ford wrote:
IIRC, you first rebuilt lesstif without removing --disable-shared, then
you remembered and tried a rebuild with --enable-shared.  But I think you
didn't supply all the correct linker flags and got unresolved symbols.  So
you gave in temporarily and shipped the resulting static libs because mwm
worked for you with them?

Thus, I thought you expected those static libs to work, at least until we
fixed the shared build issue.

I can see how you would have thought that. What really happened was that I got confused about whether the build was successful or not, installed it, ran mwm, everything worked, so I shipped it. Then I looked in the package and noticed there were no DLLs. Upon inspecting the build log I saw that the missing link flags were preventing them from being build. Upon adding the missing link flags there were still lots of build problems that had to be resolved in order to build shared libraries. That is where Nicholas and I started working on it and he finished up getting the shared libraries built plus he included bug fixes from lesstif's CVS tree. The new version should work without problems.

BTW, I still can't reproduct the Close bug because I still can't get mwm
to let me move a window, or pop up a menu from the title bar.  This is
strange because it happens to me with stock lesstif/XFree86 on both NT4
and XP.  I guess nobody else see this?

Hmm... I still can't reproduce the problem of not being able to move a window. You have tried running with both "-rootless" and without any flags at all right (which would run in windowed mode. You aren't using -multiwindow when testing mwm, right? That might cause the sort of problem you are describing.

I didn't try "-rootless". Just:

Xwin.exe& ; mwm&

from a bash prompt.

With all of the weirdness about bash lately, perhaps you should edit startxwin.bat and try from there instead? Or at least try it from a straight command prompt (after running 'set DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0' and setting the PATH as in startxwin.bat).