Re: Enabling cygwin.rules/SharedLibFont

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

I think you're right. I only stumbled over a slight problem. I first tried
the shared Xfont with the xoncygwin repository. I usally take only XWin.exe
from this build tree and all other binaries from the xfree cvs build tree.
These trees might get out of sync and create small problems because XWin.exe
was compiled and linked with an older version of libXfont, libXlib and libXext
but is used with newer ones from the xfree tree.

But that is very unlikely and can be easily fixed by pulling the xoncygwin cvs
to the latest snapshot from the XF-4-3 branch.

So I agree with the plan to use the shared Xfont library.

Okay, do you want to look into why XWin.exe crashed on startup with the shared version of the Xfont library? Or, are you willing to let me handle that? :)