Re: Cygwin Setup 99%

Make that /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86-bin-icons.sh. I said /usr/XFree86/... below.

Harold

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Wayne,

While we can't expect everyone to do a thorough mailing list archive search before posting, we do at least expect them to look at the posts from today. You problem has been reported before, and was, in fact, reported again today:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-10/msg00134.html

The problem is known. You can just move /etc/postinstall/XFree86-bin-icons.sh to /etc/postinstall/XFree86-bin-icons.sh.done. Then, from a Cygwin bash shell run '/usr/XFree86/bin/XFree86-bin-icons.sh'. That should create the icons for you. The problem right now is that one of the utilities we use hangs when we run the script from setup.exe, but it does not hang when we run the script from a bash shell. The problem is being looked into.

Harold

WHarpena@sonymusic.com wrote:

I'm trying to install cygwin/xFree86. The install program runs to 99% but
does not finish. It stops at 'Running...' the
/etc/postinstall/XFree86-bin-icons.sh

Any suggestions?

Wayne Harpenau
Sony Disc Manufacturing