Re: XWin --query

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 13:14, Pavel Rosenboim wrote:
> Greg Freemyer wrote:
>
> > I have not installed any new hardware, and both server and client
> > machines have only one NIC.  (Both are standard wired NICs.)
> >
> > I did update the Linux box with the latest patches recently, that may be
> > causing the problem, but somehow I think it is the cygwin/xfree86 end.
>
> Is it possible that kdm configuration got overwritten, and now it does
> not allow connections from remote hosts?
>
> Pavel.

I have used ethereal on the linux box to monitor the tcp/ip traffic.

The remote connection is allowed, but when the linux box tries to
connect back to the cygwin/xfree86 box, its messages seem to be ignored.

I am not running any kind of firewall on the cygwin/xfree86 box and they
are on a common LAN.

It seems almost like I need to issue a 'xhosts +node' on the cygwin box,
but I have not done that in the past and the cygwin box is not rejecting
the linux box, it is just ignoring it from what I see.

Has there been a security change that now requires xhosts +node to be
run somehow with the XWin --query command?

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer