Re: CTEXT conversion patch

Harold,

It was posted in discussion board.
http://matsu-www.is.titech.ac.jp/~sohda/cygwin/treebbs/treebbs.cgi?kako=1&all=10&s=10
He said that
"This fix following two problem.
1. X freeze when we have 2 byte string after 1 byte string using
  ASTEX-X's XIM.
2. We can't use XIM on Cygwin/XFree86 4.1.0 etc."

Second problem is fixed
http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/lib/X11/lcSjis.c.diff?r1=3.9&r2=3.10
and
http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/lib/X11/lcEuc.c.diff?r1=3.11&r2=3.12
that Allow UTF8 conversion to work for Japanese locales (#A.1527, Etsushi Kato).

So I delete code that related 2nd problem.

I write about 1st problem.
CTEXT has GL and GR two graphic character sets.
But CTEXT to multi-byte string/wide string converter in lcSjis.c
and lcEuc.c have only signle set. So text use GR convertion fail.
Those fix patch was wrote by TAKABE.

I added following code.
if (charset == ct_state.GR_charset) {
    clen = charset->length;
    do {
	(*(Uchar *)(ctptr-clen)) = BIT8ON(*(Uchar *)(ctptr-clen));
    } while (--clen);
}
Because multi-byte text to CTEXT converter in lcSjis.c doesn't
set 8-bit on even if it is in GR.

I don't know his mail address.

At Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:05:57 -0400,
Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Kensuke,
>

> Kensuke Matsuzaki wrote:
> > And it seems tha libX11 has some CTEXT convertion bug, I attach
> > patch that based on TAKABE's work.
> > http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~t-takabe/xf410_xim_fix.diff
>
> Could you send me more information on this?  Please describe what the
> current problem is.  Please send any links to a message or post that
> describes what the patch does.  Do you have Takabe's email address as well?
>
> If you can send me those things then I can make sure that this patch
> makes it into XFree86, as long as it is a valid patch.  Right now, I
> don't know how to describe what it does.  :)
>
> Harold

Kensuke Matsuzaki