Re: Is cygwin responsible for "ntldr is missing"?

No.

Cygwin would have no way to screw up ntldr.

Harold

Mike Gerard wrote:
Last night I uploaded, installed and ran the cygwin X11 server
on my home computer (Windows 2000 professional). All fine (except
that inside cygwin my Swiss-French keyboard was not treated
correctly). When I shut down cygwin was still running, so I
let the shutdown process kill it.

This morning I cannot reboot my system: "ntldr is missing"
all the time. I am inclined to think that it must be related
to cygwin. Maybe cygwin plays around with the partitions.

Anyway, how to recover the situation?

Thanks for any help,

Who am I        J. M. (Mike) Gerard
Function        CS Group Network Troubleshooter
Snail mail      Division IT, CERN, 1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland
E-mail          mike.gerard@cern.ch
Phone direct    +41 22 7674707
Natel           +41 79 2010526
Fax             +41 22 7677155