This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Is cygwin responsible for "ntldr is missing"?
- From: Mike Gerard <jmg at dxcoms dot cern dot ch>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:19:31 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Is cygwin responsible for "ntldr is missing"?
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Last night I uploaded, installed and ran the cygwin X11 server
on my home computer (Windows 2000 professional). All fine (except
that inside cygwin my Swiss-French keyboard was not treated
correctly). When I shut down cygwin was still running, so I
let the shutdown process kill it.
This morning I cannot reboot my system: "ntldr is missing"
all the time. I am inclined to think that it must be related
to cygwin. Maybe cygwin plays around with the partitions.
Anyway, how to recover the situation?
Thanks for any help,
Who am I J. M. (Mike) Gerard
Function CS Group Network Troubleshooter
Snail mail Division IT, CERN, 1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland
Phone direct +41 22 7674707
Natel +41 79 2010526
Fax +41 22 7677155