RE: xwinclip-Test07 does not work with XWin -query

> Sanori,
>
> Let me tell you, I wrote xwinclip and I still don't fully understand how to
> make it work well when using -query.
>
> I can tell you that running xhost on your Windows machine won't help
> anything.  What you need to do is run xhost in a terminal that is running
> within your -query session.  That should setup XWin.exe on your machine to
> accept connections from local clients.  The reason you can run xhost on your
> Windows machine is that not even xhost has permission to connect to XWin.exe
> at that point, so xhost cannot modify the access control list.

I know that only the clients on XDM host have control on control
list of the X server when I run X with '-query' option, and I did so.

> I hope that helps, let us know if it does.
>
> Harold

Now I found the problem. xwinclip.exe does not process '-display' option.
I found this after seeing the source code of xwinclip.
I think it would be better if xwinclip process '-display' option as
other X clients do, or give error message if the option is not
recognized.
(Someone may say that it's the bash's fault since bash does not set
 DISPLAY environment variable.)

I tried 'export DISPLAY=:0' and 'xwinclip' instead of doing
'xwinclip -display :0', then it works. Of course, I did
'xhost win_host_name' on the terminal before doing this.

One more feature request: It would be better if the option for silent
or designate the log file.

Anyway, thank you for xwinclip. It helps me a lot.

I hope my tip help others.

-Sanori