Re: Xwinclip doesn't work with Konsole

Thanks Jozsef,

That's perfect information.

From what I can tell (quick research) it uses CLIPBOARD and PRIMARY.
Sorry, this I don't understand, what this sentence means.
Can you explain it?
I think so, the Konsole app doesn't seem to use the PRIMARY selection properly (i.e. in a standard way), that is why test6 doesn't automatically remove the selection from it.

The primary selection is when you highlight something in xterm and then (whilst it is still highlighted) use the middle button to click in another xterm (or the same one, or another compliant x application). This is the standard way to perform cutting and pasting. This works properly with both versions of xwinclip for compliant applications.

Just to check (I don't have kde available) this when you say copy/paste do you mean the edit menu copy and paste? Or do you mean highlight in Konsole and then use the middle button. (although at some stage in the next few months I may get another box for linux).

regards,

Chris