RE: Newbie question -

Hi Harold!

	OK, I'll tell you what I'm up to:

What I do these days is start XWin -rootless -query host
I have the host set up so that I log in using gnome, and I have set the
remote Gnome to NOT set a background. That way, all I have is the Gnome
taskbar, which I dock on the top of my monitor while the Windows taskbar is
docked at the bottom of the monitor.

That way, it really is quite like being logged onto both computers
simultaneously.

The only thing is, I haven't figured out how to run local X applications at
the same time. I'd like WindowMaker's desktop launcher come up on the
display also. I could probably run a bash shell as a Windows console mode
app and from it start some X applications, but this seems inelegant.

I'm trying to get all three at the same time, and then, (hopefully) hook
Xwinclip into the chain and be able to paste data from one computer to
another...

Does that sound cogent? I can't really be sure, often I've noticed there are
even better ways of doing what I want with *nix, only I am still ignorant of
many of them.

Thanks