RE: XFree and OpenGL

Most of the SGI special utilities are linked to SGI propretary GL
libraries and they wont display on XFree86 - in fact on any remote
x-server. For example if you start jot, you will get an error gl not
supported
on remote display. GL is SGI old propretary extension and IRIX is
still shipped with many utilities linked to old GL libraries (NOT OpenGL).
They cannot
be displayed on any remote X-server, except a remote SGI workstation,
period. It is not XFree86 fault.

Suhaib
David Komanek <xdavid@aragorn.natur.cuni.cz> wrote:

Harold,

as I wrote before, I AM able to run xterm. Probably I don't know which
SGI applications are powered by OpenGL, and there is possibility, some of
the apps I cannot run are not these, but it is obvious that standard X11
apps are running and SGI specials (i.e. management utilities started from
toolchest) aren't.

BR,

David

kk