RE: XWarpCursor doesn't "stick"

Bill,

So lets say that the Windows cursor is at 100, 100 (screen coords), the upper
left-hand corner of the Cygwin/XFree86 client area is at 25, 25 (screen
coords) and a warp request comes in to move to the X cursor to 200, 200 (X
windows coords).  I am thinking of two things that you could be saying:

1) The cursor stays in the same place because the request was for a
translation of 100, 100, which is the same location that the cursor is
presently at.  (In other words, I am receiving an offset to move the mouse by
and I'm instead treating those values as the final destination coordinates).

2) Or, I receive a request to move the cursor to a final location of 200, 200
and I do so, which fails to take into account that the X cursor root is at
25, 25 in Windows screen coodinates.

Which one is it?

I think it sounds like #2, in which case the (x,y) that I get in
winWarpCursor are the final destination values, but I need to query for the
upper-left hand corner of the Cygwin/XFree86 client area before calling
SetCursorPos so that I can offset the final destination.

We'll get it right eventually.

Notice that no one has really request the WarpCursor functionality before,
that's why it doesn't work yet. :)

Harold