This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Running GUI apps via SSHD and Cygwin X?
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-xfree at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Running GUI apps via SSHD and Cygwin X?
- From: Olaf Foellinger <Olaf dot Foellinger at bln dot sesa dot de>
- Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:32:36 +0000
- References: <3BB48945.81C42FA0@ai.mit.edu>
On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 10:29:25AM -0400, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> Hello to all:
> I have a remote Windows 2000 box I want to run GUI apps from (such as
> Netscape, UsrMgr, and anything else) and onto which I have successfully
> installed SSHD.
> >From the source machine with X capabilities, once I ssh in and send the
> display back my way, how can I run the GUI app?
Nice idea, but this can work only for X-apps, non X apps doesn't know
the X-forwarding. For these apps better use the related windows tools
Leiter Fachbereich IT
S.E.S.A. Software und Systeme AG
Tel: +49 30 390722 -291
Fax: +49 30 390722 -222
Mobil: +49 173 6227080