This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: no valid address (Windows 95)
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: no valid address (Windows 95)
- From: "Tim Koenig" <grey_hat at lycos dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:48:20 +0100
- Organization: Lycos Mail (http://mail.lycos.com:80)
- Reply-To: grey_hat at lycos dot com
[sorry for any weird quoting, I'm writing this using the webmail interface]
On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:15:05 Alexander Gottwald wrote:
>AFAIR, Win95b introduced winsock2. Maybe this is
>the problem. Cygwin uses 3 different ways to get
>the network interfaces. One for Win95 and Win31,
>one for NT and one for Win98, ME, 2k. Maybe the
>newer versions of Win95 support the win98
> interface, but not the old win95 interface. I'll
>check this tonight.
No, in a default installation of Windows 95B, there is no Winsock 2 installed. I did install it, though, because many programs need it.
>This code is in winsup/cygwin/net.c
'cvs -z3 co winsup' is running right now. :-)
Make a difference, help support the relief efforts in the U.S.