This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: no valid address (Windows 95)
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: no valid address (Windows 95)
- From: "Tim Koenig" <grey_hat at lycos dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:35:41 +0100
- Organization: Lycos Mail (http://mail.lycos.com:80)
- Reply-To: grey_hat at lycos dot com
(please excuse that I don't do a follow-up, but I just subscribed.)
I tried 'ls_netdev.exe' on a Windows 95 OSR 2 (Windows 95B) machine (with just one ethernet card, installed Winsock 2 and no Dial-Up Networking).
Only the lo0 is returned and this is not a bug in 'ls_netdev.c' - the ioctl call returns that single interface (ifc.ifc_len == sizeof (struct ifreq)) only.
This might be a bug in Cygwin, since that framework is not present at all in the Win32-API (I doubt anything like that is present in Winsock 1, but Winsock 2 has a GET_INTERFACE_INFO call to WSAIoctl which returns an INTERFACE_INFO) and has to be emulated completely.
Make a difference, help support the relief efforts in the U.S.