This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: ssh/X tunneling through remote firewall
- To: Mark Gordon <mark dot cyg at ruddygore dot net>
- Subject: Re: ssh/X tunneling through remote firewall
- From: Fred Ramsing <framsing at unr dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:10:46 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: <cygwin-xfree at sources dot redhat dot com>
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Mark Gordon wrote:
> Try 'man ssh' and search for X11 and you will find the following on
> the configuration file:
> Specifies whether X11 connections will be automatically redirect-
> ed over the secure channel and DISPLAY set. The argument must be
> ``yes'' or ``no''. The default is ``no''.
> If you use the built in forwarding you don't have to use the xhost or
> exports, it all works automatically. If you read the rest you might
> find out how to do all sorts of other things (I can look at my
> companies internal web site from home!).
> This is all standard ssh functionality.
Thanks a billion, Mark!
Incidentaly, I couln't find the /etc/ssh_config file, but
/usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-2.9p2.README documented the usage of the
ssh-host-config command which writes the required files to the /etc
directory. The past is prologue.