This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: Problem with Xwin.exe
- To: "Oeste, Hans P BCGC:EX" <Hans dot Oeste at gems9 dot gov dot bc dot ca>, <cygwin-xfree at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: RE: Problem with Xwin.exe
- From: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:43:19 -0400
I thought that only happened with ancient versions of Cygwin, or when you
have multiple versions of cygwin1.dll on your system.
1. Search for and remove any extraneous versions of cygwin1.dll (e.g. those
not in c:\cygwin\bin).
2. Update Cygwin by running setup.exe from http://cygwin.com
Good luck, and please report your results to the list,
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email@example.com
> [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]On Behalf Of Oeste, Hans P
> Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 4:28 PM
> To: 'email@example.com'
> Subject: Problem with Xwin.exe
> I'm attempting to run Xfree under to Windows XP and am not succeeding. I
> get an error that states:
> C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** Could not reserve space for cygwin's heap
> (0x24b0000) in child, cygheap, win32 error 487.
> I've done a search of the archives and haven't found this error
> other than a
> mention that one should search the archives. I've done this and had no
> success. Could some kind person please direct me where I can go for
> information to resolve this error? Please and Thank you.
> Hans-Peter Oeste
> Systems Support Analyst
> BC Gaming Commission
> 844 Courtney St.
> Victoria, BC