problem with Function Keys.

Hi there,
    I am a new user of CygWin-Xfree86,  I use a WIN98 m/c.
    It's a great environment. But I have some questions:
    1) Can we set the windowmanager such that i can, use the terminals out of the
cygwin window?
    2) I have problem with function keys. If i switch between other window's
application with alt+tab and come back to Xfree86, the function keys F1-F12 will
not work.
    Can i have an explanation and the workaround for that?
    Is it really a bug? which u have to fix? I didn't go through documentation yet.

Regards,
Sid
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com

 Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in